Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Introduction

Hi there, I'm the competitive gunner.

Competitive with whom? Well, it depends.

On any random day, maybe myself. Maybe my wife. Maybe my shot timer. Maybe the other folks shooting in the Marksman classification of IDPA. Heck, I might even be competing in some other sport altogether.

The point is that my major goal in shooting is to get better. Most of my focus is getting better at IDPA, which means that I'll be looking to improve upon my time to:
  • Respond to the buzzer and get the first shot on target
  • Get the second shot onto the same target
  • Transition between zones on the same target
  • Transition to another target
  • Move between targets
  • Slice the pie around a corner
  • Recognize that I've gone to slide lock
  • Reload with retention
  • Tactical reload
  • Strong hand-only shooting
  • Weak hand-only shooting 
  • Shooting while moving
  • ...and probably some other stuff I forget
Oh, and somewhere in there, I'll be trying to shoot accurately ;-)

So, that's me. Come and follow my journey from a relative beginner (I just shot my first classifier ever in March) and see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment